Floristry - level 3 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level three floristry. This is the only level 3 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 3 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the land-based and environmental sector.
If you successfully complete the apprenticeship, you'll be awarded a level 3 qualification and recognition as a qualified person within the industry sector.
Achievement of a level 3 apprenticeship in floristry will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete both the competence-based and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you must achieve the following essential skills qualifications as part of the apprenticeship, or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 2
- communication – level 2
- information and communication technology – level 2
However, any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competency and knowledge qualifications
Apprentices need to complete both a competency-based and a knowledge-based qualification, chosen from the list below.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge 500/7350/3
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Customer Service 500/6206/2
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Business Management for the Environment and Land-based Sector 500/9232/7
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme.
Entry to the level 3 apprenticeship is by progression from the apprenticeshipsni level 2 framework in floristry. Employers may also apply their own criteria at the recruitment stage.
You may also enter the level 3 apprenticeship, subject to assessment by the training contractor and employer, if you have:
- already gained significant work experience in your occupational area, which could be considered as meeting the requirements of the level 2 floristry framework and can show you can achieve a level 3 standard
- previously achieved a relevant level 2 recognised vocational qualification that is a mandatory requirement of the Level 2 apprenticeshipsni floristry framework
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer.
For this framework, the participant is required to complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from training suppliers that the ERR has been completed.
It is the responsibility of the training contractor/ college to make sure all components of this framework are delivered in line with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 331 Issue 03: 03/21) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy.
For more information, contact: