Contact centre operations - level 3 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level three contact centre operations. This is the only level 3 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 3 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the contact centre operations Industry.
If you successfully complete the apprenticeship you'll be awarded a level 3 qualification and be recognised as a qualified person within the industry sector.
Achievement of a level 3 apprenticeship in contact centre operations will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete both the competence-based and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you must achieve the following essential skills qualifications as part of the apprenticeship or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 2
- communication – level 2
- information and communication technology – level 2
However, any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competency and knowledge qualifications
You need to complete both a competency-based and a knowledge-based qualification, from the lists below.
- iCQ NVQ Diploma in Contact Centre Operations 600/8004/8
- BIIAB NVQ Diploma in Contact Centre Operations 601/4124/4
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Contact Centre Operations 600/1136/1
- iCQ Certificate in Contact Centre Operations 600/8065/6
- BIIAB Certificate in Contact Centre Operations 601/4127/X
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Contact Centre Operations 600/1138/5
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme.
Employers may apply their own criteria at the recruitment stage.
Entry to the level 3 apprenticeship is by progression from the apprenticeshipsni level 2 framework in contact centre operations.
You may also enter the level 3 apprenticeship, subject to assessment by the training contractor and employer, if you've:
- already gained significant work experience in your occupational area, which could be considered as meeting the requirements of the level 2 contact centre operations framework and can show you can achieve a level 3 standard
- previously achieved a relevant level 2 recognised vocational qualification that is a mandatory requirement of the Level 2 apprenticeshipsni contact centre operations framework
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer.
For this framework, you must complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from training suppliers that the ERR has been completed.
It's the training contractor/ college's responsibility to make sure all components of this framework are delivered in line with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 358 Issue 7: 09/20) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy.
For further information, contact: