Hospitality - level 3 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level three hospitality. This is the only level 3 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 3 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the hospitality sector.
If you successfully complete the apprenticeship you'll be awarded a level 3 qualification and be recognised as a qualified person within the industry sector.
Achievement of a level 3 apprenticeship in hospitality will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete both the competence and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you must achieve the following essential skills qualifications as part of the apprenticeship or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 2
- communication – level 2
- information and communication technology – level 2
However, any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competency and knowledge qualifications
You need to complete both a competency-based and a knowledge-based qualification, from the list below.
Pathway one – hospitality supervision and leadership
- City & Guilds NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Skills (QCF) 600/0861/1
- iCQ NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Skills (QCF) 600/4759/8
- BIIAB NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Skills (QCF) 601/5693/4
- VTCT NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Skills (QCF) 600/4532/2
- City & Guilds Award in Hospitality and Supervision and Leadership Principles (QCF) 600/0554/3
- iCQ Award in Hospitality and Supervision and Leadership Principles (QCF) 600/4770/7
- BIIAB Award in Hospitality and Supervision and Leadership Principles (QCF) 601/5695/8
- VTCT Award in Hospitality and Supervision and Leadership Principles (QCF) 600/4530/9
Pathway two – hospitality retail outlet supervision
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme.
You must have at least nine months experience of working in the hospitality sector, and employers may also apply their own criteria at the recruitment stage.
Entry to the level 3 apprenticeship is by progression from the apprenticeshipsni level 2 framework in hospitality.
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer.
For this framework, you complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from training suppliers that the ERR has been completed.
It's the training contractor/ college's responsibility to make sure all components of this framework are delivered in line with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 406 Issue 8: 03/22) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy.
For further information, contact: