Sustainable resource management - level 3 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level three sustainable resource management. This is the only level 3 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 3 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the waste management sector.
If you successfully complete the apprenticeship, you'll be awarded a level 3 qualification and recognition as a qualified person within the sector.
Achievement of a level 3 apprenticeship in sustainable resource management will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete the both a competence-based and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, apprentices must achieve the following essential skills qualifications or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 2
- communication – level 2
- information and communication technology – level 2
The essential skills are mandatory and are to be completed as part of the apprenticeship.
However, any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competency and knowledge qualifications
Apprentices need to complete both a competency-based and knowledge-based qualification, from the lists below.
- WAMITAB Level 3 Diploma for Sustainable Recycling Activities (Supervisory) 501/2185/6
- WAMITAB Level 3 Diploma for Waste Supervisor 501/1853/5
- WAMITAB Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management 501/1421/9
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management 501/2343/9
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme.
Employers may apply their own criteria at the recruitment stage.
Entry to the level 3 apprenticeship is by progression from the apprenticeshipsni level 2 framework in sustainable resource management.
You may also enter the level 3 apprenticeship, subject to assessment by the training contractor and employer, if you:
- have already gained significant work experience in your occupational area, which could be considered as meeting the requirements of the level 2 sustainable resource management framework and can show the capacity to achieve a level 3 standard
- have previously achieved a relevant level 2 recognised vocational qualification that is a mandatory requirement of the Level 2 apprenticeshipsni sustainable resource management framework
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer.
For this framework, you must complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from training contractor that the ERR has been completed.
It is the responsibility of the training contractor/ college to make sure all components of this framework are delivered in accordance with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 456 Issue 3: 03/21) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy.
For further information, contact: