Customer service - level 2 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level two customer service. This is the only level 2 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 2 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the customer service sector.
If you successfully complete the apprenticeship you'll gain a level 2 qualification and recognition as a qualified person within the sector.
Achievement of a level 2 apprenticeship in customer service will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete a combined competence-based and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you must achieve the following essential skills qualifications as part of the apprenticeship or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 1
- communication – level 1
- information and communication technology – level 1
Any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competency and knowledge qualifications
You must complete a combined competence-based and knowledge-based qualification from the list below:
- Active IQ Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3544/X
- BIIAB Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3734/4
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3562/1
- Highfield Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/4026/4
- iCQ Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3689/3
- IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3456/2
- IQ Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3618/2
- NOCN Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/4418/X
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3424/0
- ProQual Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/3576/1
- SFJ Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service 601/4310/1
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme.
There are no formal entry requirements to take part in this apprenticeship, however employers may apply their own criteria at recruitment.
Employers and training contractors must make sure that learners have the potential and opportunity to gain the apprenticeship successfully.
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer.
You must complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from training suppliers that the ERR has been completed.
It's the training contractor/ college's responsibility to make sure all components of this framework are delivered in line with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 60 Issue 10: 10/20) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy.
For more information, contact: