Sustainable resource management - level 2 apprenticeship framework
This framework sets out the standards and criteria you must meet to complete the apprenticeship programme and receive your apprenticeship certificate for level two sustainable resource management. This is the only level 2 training in this skill acceptable for apprenticeshipsni funding.
About the framework
This framework specifies the standards and the criteria for the delivery of level 2 apprenticeship training to achieve qualified status within the waste management sector.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship will lead to the award of a level 2 qualification and recognition as a qualified person within the sector.
Achievement of a level 2 apprenticeship in sustainable resource management will be assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body.
You must complete both a competence-based and knowledge-based qualification, along with the mandatory essential skills qualifications.
Mandatory essential skills
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, you must achieve the following essential skills qualifications as part of the apprenticeship, or already hold a recognised equivalent:
- application of number – level 2
- communication – level 2
- information and communication technology – level 2
However, any qualifications you already have are assessed against the framework requirements and may result in an exemption from the above.
Competence and knowledge qualifications
Apprentices need to complete both a competence-based and a knowledge-based qualification, from the lists below.
- WAMITAB Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Collection Driver) 501/1475/X
- WAMITAB Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Collection) 501/1476/1
- WAMITAB Level 2 Diploma for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Site Operative) 501/1478/5
- WAMITAB Level 2 Diploma for Sustainable Recycling Activities 501/2182/0
- WAMITAB Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative 501/1855/9
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative 600/0646/8
- WAMITAB Level 2 Certificate In Front Line Environmental Services 600/0025/9
- WAMITAB Level 2 Diploma for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Team Leader) 501/1446/3
- WAMITAB Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management 501/1357/4
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management 501/2350/6
Eligibility and entry to the programme
You must be a new employee, or an existing employee taking on a new role to take part in the programme. There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this apprenticeship, however employers may apply their own criteria at recruitment.
Employers and training contractors must ensure that learners have the potential and opportunity to gain the apprenticeship successfully.
See also the DfE operational requirements.
Apprenticeship duration can vary and will be agreed between the apprentice, training contractor and employer
For this framework, the participant is required to complete a suitable employee rights and responsibilities (ERR) workbook. Framework certification is issued on confirmation from the training contractor that the ERR has been completed.
It is the responsibility of the training contractor/college to ensure that all components of this framework are delivered in accordance with apprenticeshipsni operational requirements.
The apprentice must be employed from day one.
The content of this framework (Framework No 114 Issue 3: 03/21) has been agreed by the Department for the Economy. For further information, contact: