Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body
You cannot apply for an enhanced check by yourself. Your application must be counter-signed by an AccessNI registered organisation. You can only apply online if the organisation that asked you to get an enhanced check gave you a PIN number.
Before you start
You'll need to register an online account with AccessNI to apply. You must also have with you:
- the PIN given to you by the person who asked you to complete this form
- your address(es) for the last five years
- your National Insurance number
- your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents)
You must be at least 16 years old to get an enhanced application. The only exception is for family members of an applicant who is applying to be a registered childminder or is seeking to adopt or foster a child.
For help completing an application for an enhanced check or creating an account on nidirect, read the following AccessNI guidance.
After you complete your application it will be forwarded to the registered body for approval and then to AccessNI for processing. You will be able to track its progress.
You can do this by logging into your account or by using the link included in the confirmation email you will receive. You may wish to contact your employer when you receive the certificate.
In this section
- Apply online for a basic check
- Apply online for a basic check through a responsible body
- Apply online for a standard check through a registered body
- Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body
- Costs and turnaround times
- Create an AccessNI account
- Log in to manage an AccessNI account
- Other ways to apply
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback