Apply online for a basic check
Anyone can apply for a basic check. It discloses unspent convictions only. A basic check is not suitable for roles working with children or vulnerable adults.
Before you start
You don't need an online account with AccessNI to apply for a basic check, but you will need:
- your address or addresses for the last five years
- your National Insurance number
- three forms of ID (one must be photographic)
- a valid debit or credit card
You must send AccessNI proof of your identity within 14 days or your application will not be processed and you will need to reapply. Find out how to provide proof of your identity for a basic check.
To find out how personal information you send to AccessNI will be handled when using this service, go to:
This service wil be unavailable from 7.00 pm on 25 May to 6.00 am on 28 May.
The cost of a basic check application is £26.00. Find out more about costs and turnaround times.
For help completing an online application for a basic check, you can read the guidance at the link below.
Apply for an AccessNI check
- Apply online for a basic check
- Apply online for a basic check through a responsible body
- Apply online for a standard check through a registered body
- Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body
- Costs and turnaround times
- Create an AccessNI account
- Log in to manage an AccessNI account
- Other ways to apply
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback