Apply online for a standard check through a registered body
An individual cannot apply for a standard check. An application for a standard check must be counter-signed by an AccessNI-registered organisation. You can only apply online if the organisation who asked you to get a standard check has provided you with a PIN.
Before you start
Before beginning you must have with you:
- the pin number given to you by the person who asked you to complete this form
- your address(es) for the last five years
- your National Insurance number
- your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents)
Apply by logging in. If you don't have an account, you can register as part of the application or click here to create an account. After registering, you must return to this page to complete your application.
Standard checks are not suitable for roles working with children or vulnerable adults
Due to essential maintenance, this service will be unavailable between 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm on Thursday 11 May.
Please note you must be at least 16 years old to make a standard application.
Find out about costs and turnaround times for AccessNI checks. For help on completing an online application for a standard check, read the following AccessNI guidance.
After you complete your application it will be forwarded to the registered body for approval and then to AccessNI for processing. You will be able to track its progress. You can do this by logging into your account or by using the link included in the confirmation email you will receive.
You may wish to contact your employer when you receive the certificate.
In this section
- Apply online for a basic check
- Apply online for a basic check through a responsible body
- Apply online for a standard check through a registered body
- Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body
- Costs and turnaround times
- Create an AccessNI account
- Log in to manage an AccessNI account
- Other ways to apply
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback