Apply online for a basic check through a responsible body
A basic check discloses unspent convictions only. You should use this application if the organisation that asked you to get a basic check has provided you with a PIN.
Before you start
This service will be unavailable from 7.00 pm on 25 May to 6.00 am on 28 May.
You'll need to register for an online account with AccessNI to complete this application. You'll also need:
- the pin number given to you by the person who asked you to make this application
- your address, or addresses for the last five years
- your National Insurance number
- your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents)
To find out how personal information you send to AccessNI will be handled when using this service, go to:
For help completing an application for a basic check through a responsible body or creating an account on nidirect, read the following AccessNI guidance.
After you complete your application it will be forwarded to the responsible body for approval and then to AccessNI for processing. You will be able to track its progress. You can do this by logging into your account or using the link included in the confirmation email you will receive.
Apply for an AccessNI check
- Apply online for a basic check
- Apply online for a basic check through a responsible body
- Apply online for a standard check through a registered body
- Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body
- Costs and turnaround times
- Create an AccessNI account
- Log in to manage an AccessNI account
- Other ways to apply
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback