Report a problem with a manhole or gully cover
Find out what you can do if a manhole or gully cover is displaced, missing or noisy and how to report these problems.
Before you start
Who you should report a manhole issue to
A manhole on the public road may be the responsibility of a public utility that provides and maintains electricity, gas, water or media infrastructure. Some of the main utility organisations' contact details are listed below:
- British Telecom – contact BT Openreach: 0800 023 2023
- Phoenix Gas or Firmus Gas – contact Gas 24-hour helpline: 0800 002 001
- NI Water – contact Waterline: 0345 744 0088
- Northern Ireland Electricity Networks – contact NIE Faults: 03457 643 643
- Virgin Media – contact Virgin helpline: 0870 888 3116
Reporting an issue to the Department for Infrastructure (DfI)
If you are uncertain who is responsible or it is a roadside gully cover issue, you can report this to the Department for Infrastructure (DfI) by using the map at the link below.
Once the map has opened, you should:
- enter street name into search window and/ or pan/ zoom the map to the relevant part of the road
- click the road section to report a fault, then follow the instructions to add further information and contact details
- if the fault has already been reported, you can still add your name to the list of those reporting it by choosing ‘add’
You can find out how any personal information you send to DfI Roads when using this 'report a fault' service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice.
Tracking the progress of a fault
You are able to check the progress of a fault you have reported using the link below:
Other ways to report a problem
You can also report a problem with a manhole or gully cover by email or phone (for emergencies only) by using the contact details on the DfI Roads page.