Report a problem with a crash barrier or guardrail

If you want to report a damaged or missing crash barrier or pedestrian guardrail, you can do so online.

Before you start

Once the map has opened at the link below, you should:

  • enter street name into search window and/ or pan/ zoom the map to the relevant part of the road
  • select the road section to report a fault, then follow the instructions to add further information and contact details

  • if the fault has already been reported, you can still add your name to the list of those reporting it by choosing ‘add’

Privacy notice

You can find out how any personal information you send to Department for Infrastructure (DfI) Roads when using this 'report a fault' service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice.


Report a problem with a crash barrier or guardrail

Additional information

Tracking the progress of a fault

You are able to check the progress of a fault you have reported using the link below:

Other ways to report a problem

You can also report a crash barrier or guardrail by email or phone (for emergencies only) by using the contact details on the DfI Roads page.

Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.