Report a pothole
If you're concerned about a pothole, you can report it online.
Before you start
You can report a pothole by using the map at the link below.
Once the map has opened, you should:
- zoom in on the map to a level where you can accurately pinpoint the pothole’s location
- if the pothole has already been reported, you can still add your name to the list of those reporting it by choosing ‘add’
You can find out how any personal information you send to Department for Infrastructure Roads when using this 'report a fault' service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice.
Tracking the progress of a fault
You are able to check the progress of a fault you have reported using the link below:
Other ways to report a pothole
You can also report a pothole by email or phone (for emergencies only) by using the contact details on the DfI Roads page.
You can find further information on this page about potholes.
Problems with roads and streets
- An obstruction on a road or street
- Claiming compensation due to a road or street problem
- Clearing ice and snow from footways
- Complaining about how a roads-related claim was handled
- Drains, gullies and sewers
- How to claim compensation due to a road or street problem
- Ice and snow on roads and streets
- Report a pothole
- Report a problem with a crash barrier or guardrail
- Report a problem with a manhole or gully cover
- Report a road drainage fault
- Report a road spillage
- Report a street light fault
- Report an issue with a road sign or marking
- Report an issue with graffiti or fly-posters
- Report an issue with ice or snow
- Report an issue with roadworks
- Report an obstruction on a road or street
- Reporting problems with pavements and private street maintenance
- Road spillages
- Roadside grass cutting, weeds and overgrown hedges or trees
- Street lighting
- Track progress of a compensation claim
- Track progress of a reported road fault or issue
- Track progress of a reported street light fault
- Traffic lights and reporting a fault