Report an issue with a road sign or marking

Maintenance of road signs and markings on the public road is the responsibility of the Department for Infrastructure (DfI). You can report an issue faded, damaged or missing road signs and markings online.

Before you start

You can report an issue by using the map at the link below. 

Once the map has opened, you should:

  • enter street name into search window and/ or pan/ zoom the map to the relevant part of the road
  • click the road section to report a fault, then follow the instructions to add further information and contact details
  • if the fault has already been reported, you can still add your name to the list of those reporting it by choosing ‘add’ 

Report an issue with a road sign or marking

Additional information

This is a beta service. To find out what beta means, see the following page:

Tracking the progress of a fault

iMac and MacBook users are currently experiencing some difficulty using the 'track a fault' feature.  This is being investigated and will be resolved as soon as possible

You are able to check the progress of a fault you have reported using the link below:

Department for Infrastructure Roads (DfI Roads)

You can also report a problem with a road sign or marking by email or phone (for emergencies only) by using the contact details on the DfI Roads page.

More useful links

Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback