AccessNI check application forms
If you are applying for AccessNI check by post, you need to download and print an application form.
If an employer has asked you to do this, they can give you a hard copy of the application form to complete.
Apply for a basic check by post
To apply using a printed AccessNI application, you must:
- visit a police station where a police officer can verify your home address and identity on the application form
- send the form with £18.00 fee to AccessNI (cheque or postal order)
You need to send your application and fee to:
When AccessNI completes the check, they will send you a basic disclosure certificate.
Applying by post through a registered body
You can't apply for a basic check by post through a responsible body. You must apply online.
To apply for a standard or enhanced check by post through a responsible body, your employer will:
- give you an AccessNI standard application form and tell you the sections you must complete
- check your information is accurate on your completed application form
- confirm your identity by verifying your name, date of birth and current address on your original documents (if your employer uses an umbrella body you will need to provide copies of identity documents against which these checks can be made)
- countersign the form as a registered body
- send the completed form to AccessNI
When AccessNI completes the check, they will send you a disclosure certificate. Your employer will not receive a copy. You can tell them a certificate was issued.
Costs, turnaround times and tracking applications
If you apply for an AccessNI check using a paper form, you can use the AccessNI case tracking form:
- to check if your application has been received
- to confirm that a disclosure certificate was issued
For information about costs and turnaround times, go to: