Contravention code 48 may be used for any vehicle seen to be parked on a 'School Keep Clear' restriction. No observation period will be applied.
The majority of 'School Keep Clear' markings are advisory only and may not be enforced by traffic attendants. However, drivers should ensure that they do not park their vehicles on these markings.
Traffic Attendants may enforce only those 'School Keep Clear' markings that have been included within the legislation and are mandatory.
- is loading/unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on mandatory 'School Keep Clear' markings with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: