Bus stop or stand
Contravention code 47 shall be used for any vehicle (other than a bus) seen to be parked on a restricted bus stop or bus stand. No observation period will be applied.
Vehicles are not prohibited from stopping at all bus stops. Where a restriction applies, the restricted area is marked out by dashed yellow or white lines containing the words 'Bus Stop'.
Most restricted bus stops are operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A time plate is only required if this is not the case and this time plate will clearly state the hours of operation.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on a restricted bus stop or bus stand with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: