Limited waiting bay
Contravention code 30 shall be used for all vehicles seen to be parked for longer than permitted in a pay and display bay or limited waiting bay.
A 10-minute grace period will be applied to the maximum stay period indicated on the signage. This means that the maximum stay period must be exceeded by at least 10 minutes before a PCN can be issued.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park in loading bays during the restricted hours (unless loading/unloading) with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below: