Contravention code 26 shall be used for vehicles seen to be parked in a position which is not close to the edge of the carriageway and not within a marked-out parking space. No observation period will be applied.
Photographs should clearly indicate that the vehicle is parked at least 50cm from the edge of the carriageway.
This contravention applies to limited waiting spaces outside Controlled Parking Zones. In Controlled Parking Zones (pay and display areas), Contravention Code 26 may be appropriate.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles not parked close to the edge of the carriageway and not within a marked-out parking space will be parked in contravention, with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: