Contravention code 25. shall be used for goods vehicles (vans, lorries, agricultural vehicles, mini buses, buses and coaches and so on) seen to be parked in a loading bay during restricted hours without loading. A 10-minute observation period will be applied.
Loading bays should be used only where goods, by reason of their size or weight, could not be reasonably conveyed to or from premises other than by means of a vehicle.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park in loading bays during the restricted hours (unless loading/ unloading) with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below: