Contravention code 01. also applies to single or double yellow lines. However, this code shall be used for any vehicle displaying a blue badge which is parked for over three hours on double or single yellow lines.
A PCN may be issued only after a three hour and 10 minute period has elapsed, to provide a 10-minute grace period.
Single yellow lines
Single yellow lines must be accompanied by a time plate which indicates the hours during which the restriction applies. A time plate is not required for single yellow lines within a controlled parking zone (on-street pay and display area).
Double yellow lines
Double yellow lines apply “at any time” and do not require a time plate.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes for up to three hours plus 10-minute grace period
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on yellow lines during the prescribed hours with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge – Blue Badge holders may park for up to three hours on double or single yellow lines if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: