Create or log in to a Rate Rebate account
If you're a tenant or homeowner already entitled to Universal Credit, you can claim Rate Rebate. You need to create a Rate Rebate account and then claim. Private landlords need to create a Rate Rebate account and then register their account as a landlord.
Before you start
This online service may be unavailable at times between 8.30am- 5.00pm on Wednesday 4 December due to essential maintenance . Apologies for any inconvenience.
To create an online Rate Rebate account you must:
- register your email with a password
- include your name
Claim Rate Rebate
To claim Rate Rebate, you must log in to your online account. You'll need to provide:
- your date of birth
- National Insurance number
- tenancy reference number for social housing tenants
- information about other people also living in the property
- information about your landlord if you're a tenant
- your postcode
When a landlord creates a Rate Rebate account, they must register as a landlord on their Rate Rebate account.
Before you send personal details to Land & Property Services, you should read their privacy notice which explains how they store your information.
More useful links
Property and housing online services
- Apply to have your new domestic property valued
- Change the assessment period for your rates bill
- Change the billing address for your rates bill
- Create or log in to a Rate Rebate account
- Create or update your rate account
- Notification of a ratepayer's death
- Pay your rates online
- Rates calculator
- Register or log in to a landlord Rate Rebate account
- Request a copy of your rates bill
- Set up a Direct Debit online for rates
- Update a landlord rate account online
- Update the personal details on your rates bill