Set up a Direct Debit online for rates
You can use an online form to ask Land & Property Services (LPS) to set up a Direct Debit to pay your rates bill. You need to give LPS information about the rates bill and the bank or building society account that will pay Direct Debits.
Before you start
LPS can only consider a request to set up a Direct Debit from:
- the person name on the rates bill
- someone authorised to contact LPS about the rates bill
You must be authorised to set up Direct Debits on the bank or building society account. To use this online form you must give:
- ratepayer ID
- account ID
- a bank or building society account name, account number and sort code
- your name
You need to select one payment method:
- full amount in a single Direct Debit
- monthly instalments by Direct Debit
LPS might need to ask you for more information about the rates bill before they can set up a Direct Debit.
Before you send personal details to Land & Property Services, you can read their privacy notice which explains how they store your information.
To find out how accessible the nidirect rates payment service is and what is being done to improve accessibility, see accessibility statement for rates.
Property and housing online services
- Apply to have your new domestic property valued
- Change the assessment period for your rates bill
- Change the billing address for your rates bill
- Create or log in to a Rate Rebate account
- Create or update your rate account
- Notification of a ratepayer's death
- Pay your rates online
- Rates calculator
- Register or log in to a landlord Rate Rebate account
- Request a copy of your rates bill
- Set up a Direct Debit online for rates
- Update a landlord rate account online
- Update the personal details on your rates bill