Help from your local Jobs and Benefits office
There are 35 Jobs and Benefits offices located throughout Northern Ireland. Jobs and Benefits offices provide information on a range of services and local support including jobs, benefit eligibility and benefit application, preparation for work and access to training.
Digital Support in your local Jobs & Benefits office
If you don’t have access to the internet or a digital device (for example a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone) or if you need help to get online, your local Jobs & Benefits office can help.
Contact your local office on 0300 200 7822 to arrange an appointment. You will be able to access a digital device and get support with your digital skills from a member of staff who can help you make or maintain your Universal Credit claim.
If you arrive without an appointment, you may still be able to use a digital device if one is available.
How your Work Coach can help
Work Coaches in local Jobs and Benefits offices can offer information and guidance:
- to help with understanding what benefits can be claimed
- to help with benefit applications including online benefit claims
- to help with things like job applications, CVs and interview preparation when looking for work
- on how to access training, work experience and job programmes to improve work opportunities
- by providing support with redundancy including help with benefits and job searching
- by signposting to relevant services and support within the community
Watch the video below to see what help is available from your local Jobs and Benefits office if you are looking for work.
If you have a health condition or disability your Work Coach can help you to enhance your job skills or move into employment if you wish to.
If you are facing any barriers to work your Work Coach will discuss these with you and may be able to offer help.
Watch the video to see what support is available from your local Jobs and Benefits office.
Contact your local Jobs and Benefits office for more information.