For enquiries about Universal Credit or support with your claim:
- Freephone: 0800 012 1331
- Textphone: 0800 012 1441 (for deaf or hard of hearing users and customers with speech difficulties)
Due to COVID-19 the Department for Communities is experiencing a very high volume of benefits calls. It may take longer to answer your call.
If you use sign language
You can use British Sign Language (BSL) or Irish Sign Language (ISL) to contact the Universal Credit Service Centre:
To use the video relay service:
- check that you can use the BSL video relay service
- check that you can use the ISL video relay service
- contact the Universal Credit Service Centre via the video relay service
This service is for Northern Ireland residents only.
Benefits that can be claimed online are:
- Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm (excluding public holidays)
- Contacting 08 and 03 numbers