Community Family Support Programme
The Community Family Support Programme supports families as they make life changing decisions to improve their everyday lives. It's delivered by family support organisations in the heart of the community.
Support for families
If your family needs help, support is available. If you or a family member isn't in education, employment or training, you will get help and advice to address your needs and access to a range of positive opportunities.
Your family will receive help and support to address any health, social and economic issues that impact your daily lives.
Family members aged 13 to 16 years will also receive support to address their educational needs.
Family support workers will meet and speak to your family to help you find ways to tackle your own specific challenges and needs.
Types of support
The support provided on the programme is directly matched to your own needs and may include help with:
- accessing suitable education, employment and training opportunities
- developing skills to find work, creating CVs, job-searching and preparation for job interviews
- self confidence, motivation and social skills
- parenting skills
- encouraging better relationships within families
- improving your health
- money management and benefit advice
Access to specialist support
Your family support worker, in partnership with specialist support organisations, will help your family get any specialist support you need, such as help for drug and alcohol misuse, debt management and family counselling.
Taking part in the programme
Your family can take part in the programme if you:
- have at least one member of the family aged 16 or over who is not in education, employment or training
- have educational, employment, training health, social, or economic issues that need to be addressed
- are committed to seeking ways to improve your lives
How to join the programme
You can join the Community Family Support Programme by contacting a programme provider directly.
Family Support Hubs, Health & Social Care Trusts or other family support agencies / organisations that are already working with you can also refer you to the programme.
Providers can be found at Community Family Support Programme projects.
This programme is part funded by the European Social Fund.
If you don't qualify for the Community Family Support Programme, you can find other projects provided as part of the European Social Fund on the page below: