Pay and display bay markings
Contravention Code 24. shall be used for non-goods vehicles which are seen to be parked wholly outside the markings of the Pay and Display bay or space.
A five-minute observation period will be applied to non-goods vehicles to determine if loading or unloading is taking place.
Controlled Parking Zones
This contravention applies only to pay and display spaces within Controlled Parking Zones. In limited waiting spaces, Contravention Code 26 may be appropriate.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles must park wholly within the markings of the bay or space with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below.