Contravention code 24 shall be used for vehicles which are seen to be not parked wholly within the markings of the bay or space. No observation period will be applied.
For a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) to be issued, at least one full wheel of the vehicle must be outside the markings of the parking space or bay.
This contravention applies only to pay and display spaces within Controlled Parking Zones. In limited waiting spaces, Contravention Code 26 may be appropriate.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles must park wholly within the markings of the bay or space with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below.