Forest camping and touring terms and conditions

The following terms and conditions (the “terms”) set out the entire agreement between you and Forest Service in Northern Ireland, to use their camping and touring services.

Understand the terms before you make your booking 

Understand these terms and conditions before you commit yourself to the contract. You may only request a booking if you agree to these terms.  By making a booking you're accepting these terms. This does not affect your legal rights as a customer.

If you think that there is a mistake, make sure that you ask for confirmation of any changes in writing, as Forest Service can only accept responsibility for responses made in writing by their authorised employees.

If you're booking online:

  • check that your online 'booking summary' is complete and accurate
  • make sure that you've read and understood these terms before you send in your booking summary
  • by submitting a booking summary you're accepting these terms

Booking conditions

Forest Service reserves the right to change these terms at any time.  Any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on this website, at the forest sites, or brought to your attention in another way. It is your responsibility to read the terms each time you send in a booking request and any such request shall signify that you have accepted to be bound by the latest set of terms.

For a copy of the terms either print this page or ask for a copy from Forest Service. 

Advance booking is advisable at all times, especially during peak holiday dates.  Bookings can be made online or in person at the forest site office where you're planning to stay, when staff are there to help you. 

Payment and pricing

Camping and touring prices can be found at:

Full payment is needed when you make your booking for:

  • all one-night stays 
  • any booking made less than 28 days before date of first arrival
  • any bookings where a valid email address is not supplied

For all other bookings and providing a valid email address is supplied, a deposit of £20.00 is needed for each pitch. Pay the balance in full not less than 28 days before date of first arrival.

Payment may be made:

Have your booking confirmation with you when you arrive at the caravan site.

Cancellations, refunds and changes

Cancellations or changes to bookings must be actioned at least seven days before your arrival date.  This may be done online or in person. No refunds or other dates will be given to customers who cancel their booking after this time.  Other dates depend on availability at the time.

If you're making your changes online, this is where you'll find the link to where you can make those changes:

  • after successfully completing a booking online you'll automatically receive by email a confirmation letter with the link you need to make your changes

Refunds or other dates will not be given to customers who depart early from the site.  Under exceptional circumstances allowances may be made.  Any such request must be given in writing.

Pitch position

Pitches cannot be chosen at the time of advance booking.  No guarantee can be given that touring vehicles booked at the same time will be beside each other on the site.

Arrival and departure

Arrival times on site are between midday and 8.00 pm in summer and 3.00 pm in winter (when open). If you wish to arrive earlier or after these times, contact Forest Service on the morning of your arrival and they will do their best to accommodate your request, but this cannot be guaranteed. Contact details as follows:

  • when you've successfully completed a booking online you'll automatically receive by email a confirmation letter with a contact number and details of your stay
  • if you've booked in person, you'll need to contact the forest park where you've booked to stay

Departure from sites must be no later than midday.  If this is not possible you must contact the Duty Ranger on the morning of the day of departure to agree a later departure time.

Access to forest park

Note that your booking confirmation allows you to access the forest park during your stay.  However, anyone visiting you will need to pay the standard daily access charge for their vehicle.


In wet conditions, cars may not park on some of the grass camping area and will need to park in the nearby car park. There is no charge for pup tents sleeping a maximum of three children aged up to 12 years, within the boundary of your pitch.

Caravans and vehicles

A maximum of two cars are allowed per pitch.  All other vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. No commercial vehicles are allowed on site.  Anyone wishing to use caravans for residential or employment purposes can't be accommodated.  Trading from the site or other business activities are not allowed and anyone found to be doing so may be asked to leave immediately. 

Club events

Fully constituted caravan and camping clubs may be facilitated. Bookings will normally only be taken for quieter periods of the year. During high season, events will usually be facilitated on grass pitches without electric.  A non-refundable deposit of £100 is needed for each club booking date.


Should you have cause for complaint during your stay, contact the duty Forest Ranger as soon as possible to allow Forest Service the opportunity to resolve your complaint.  If you're unhappy with the outcome, follow the complaints procedure: 

Visitor responsibility

Anyone camping or touring in state forests under this contract:

  • do so at their own risk - Forest Service accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or injury other than injury resulting from the negligence of Forest Service or its servants or agents
  • must make good any loss or damage caused to Forest Service through their presence in the forests
  • must pay back the Forest Service for all actions, claims and demands brought against it as a result of their presence in the forests
  • must follow any byelaws in force
  • must only use those roads approved for caravan traffic
  • must follow any directions or instructions from Forest Service about the use and enjoyment of the forests

Campsite and touring rules 

By booking a pitch, you agree to follow the above terms and conditions and the following rules:

Forest Service look forward to welcoming you to their Forest Park camping and touring sites.

More useful links


Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback