Understand the terms before you book
Understand these terms and conditions before you commit yourself to the contract. You may only request a booking if you agree to these terms. By making a booking you're accepting these terms. This does not affect your legal rights as a customer.
If you think that there is a mistake, make sure that you ask for confirmation of any changes in writing, as Forest Service can only accept responsibility for responses made in writing by their authorised employees.
If you're booking online:
- check that your online 'booking summary' is complete and accurate
- make sure that you've read and understood these terms before you send in your booking summary
- by submitting a booking summary you're accepting these terms
Forest Service reserves the right to change these terms at any time. Any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on this website, at the forest sites, or brought to your attention in another way.
It is your responsibility to read the terms each time you send in a booking request and any such request shall signify that you have accepted to be bound by the latest set of terms.
For a copy of the terms either print this page or ask for a copy from Forest Service.
Tollymore Forest Park, Castlewellan Forest Park, Glenariff Forest Park and Drum Manor Forest Park have well-equipped long stay sites where visitors can stay for up to 14 nights depending on availability.
You always need to book your stay before you arrive, especially during bank holidays and other peak holiday dates.
Bookings can be made online or in person at the forest site office where you're planning to stay, when staff are available to help you.
Payment and pricing
Camping and touring prices can be found at:
Full payment is needed when you make your booking for:
- all one-night stays
- any booking made less than 28 days before date of first arrival
- any bookings where a valid email address is not supplied
For all other bookings and providing a valid email address is supplied, a deposit of £20.00 is needed for each pitch. Pay the balance in full not less than 28 days before date of first arrival.
Payment may be made:
- online by visiting 'Forest camping and touring online booking'
- or by cash in person
- or credit/ debit card in person by contacting the relevant forest office - payment by cheque is not accepted.
Have your booking confirmation with you when you arrive at the caravan site.
Cancellations, refunds and changes
Cancellations must be requested at least seven days before your arrival date if you wish to receive a refund.
A change of dates may be requested by no later than noon on the day before your arrival date and will depend on availability of pitches at the time you contact Forest Service.
No refunds will be provided to customers who cancel their booking later than noon on the day before your arrival date.
Customers who fail to arrive on the first day of their booked dates and who do not contact Forest Service before noon the following day, will have their entire booking cancelled and no refund or change of dates will be offered.
Date changes or refunds cannot be processed online and you must phone Forest Service at the number provided on your booking confirmation letter.
Refunds or a change of dates will not be given to customers who depart early from the site. Under exceptional circumstances allowances may be made. Any such request must be given in writing.
Pitches cannot be chosen at the time of advance booking. No guarantee can be given that touring vehicles booked at the same time will be beside each other on the site.
Arrival and departure
Arrival times on site are between midday and 8.00 pm in summer and 3.00 pm in winter (when open). If you wish to arrive earlier or after these times, contact Forest Service on the morning of your arrival and they will do their best to accommodate your request, but this cannot be guaranteed. Contact details as follows:
- when you've successfully completed a booking online you'll automatically receive by email a confirmation letter with a contact number and details of your stay
- if you've booked in person, you'll need to contact the forest park where you've booked to stay
Departure from sites must be no later than midday. If this is not possible you must contact the duty ranger on the morning of the day of departure to agree a later departure time.
Access to forest park
Note that your booking confirmation allows you to access the forest park during your stay. However, anyone visiting you will need to pay the standard daily access charge for their vehicle.
In wet conditions, cars may not park on some of the grass camping area and will need to park in the nearby car park. There is no charge for pup tents sleeping a maximum of three children aged up to 12 years, within the boundary of your pitch.
Caravans and vehicles
A maximum of two cars are allowed per pitch. All other vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. No commercial vehicles are allowed on site. Anyone wishing to use caravans for residential or employment purposes can't be accommodated. Trading from the site or other business activities are not allowed and anyone found to be doing so may be asked to leave immediately.
Members of caravan and camping clubs are welcome to use our sites. All bookings must be made online with details for each customer who wishes to stay. Pitch charges are as indicated on the list of fees and charges.
On grass only, non-electric pitches Forest Service may be able to accommodate groups who wish to be located nearer to each other within the site. But, the club representative must contact Forest Service in advance and agree this before arrival.
Should you have cause for complaint during your stay, contact the duty Forest Ranger as soon as possible to allow Forest Service the opportunity to resolve your complaint. If you're unhappy with the outcome, follow the complaints procedure:
Anyone camping or touring in state forests under this contract:
- do so at their own risk - Forest Service accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or injury other than injury resulting from the negligence of Forest Service or its servants or agents
- must make good any loss or damage caused to Forest Service through their presence in the forests
- must pay back the Forest Service for all actions, claims and demands brought against it as a result of their presence in the forests
- must follow any byelaws in force
- must only use those roads approved for caravan traffic
- must follow any directions or instructions from Forest Service about the use and enjoyment of the forests
Campsite and touring rules
By booking a pitch, you agree to follow the above terms and conditions and the following rules:
Forest Service look forward to welcoming you to their forest park camping and touring sites.