Cycle in these forests
These are the public forests that you can cycle in:
- Castle Archdale Forest in County Fermanagh
- Castle Ward Forest in County Down
- Castlewellan Forest Park in County Down
- Davagh Forest in County Tyrone
- Garvagh Forest in County Londonderry
- Gosford Forest Park in County Armagh
- Rostrevor Forest in County Down
Castle Archdale Forest
This 520 hectare forest lies along the shore of Lough Erne. Way-marked cycling trails can be accessed from the car park.
Castle Ward Forest
Cycle along the lough trail or through the sheltered woodlands:
Castlewellan Forest Park
Castlewellan Forest Park caters for many outdoor activities and these include mountain biking and leisure cycling.
A privately operated outdoor recreation center is located at the Grange Yard where mountain bikes and e-bikes can be hired.
There are a number of mountain bike trails that have been developed in partnership with Mid Ulster District Council and are managed by them.
Covering over 200 hectares, Garvagh Forest is on the outskirts of Garvagh.
Gosford Forest Park
Gosford Forest Park has 240 hectares of forest and parkland to explore and includes cycling routes.
Rostrevor Forest has both mountain bike trails and cycle routes: