Contravention code 99F shall be used for vehicles seen to be parked on the footway adjacent to a pedestrian crossing and/ or crossing area marked by zigzags. No observation period will be applied.
This particular contravention is enforced by traffic attendants.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles may not stop on a footway adjacent to a pedestrian crossing or on zigzags with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- postal services
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: