Further details of contravention code 99C
Contravention code 99C is summarised as stopped on a pedestrian crossing and/ or crossing area marked by zigzags.
Contravention code 99C shall be used for vehicles seen to be stopped on a Pedestrian Crossing or the associated area marked by zigzags. No observation period will be applied.
This particular contravention is enforced by traffic attendants but may also be enforced by the police.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles may not stop on a pedestrian crossing or on zigzags with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- a bus stopped at a bus stop
- any vehicle stopped in accordance with the crossing controls
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: