Class of vehicle
Contravention code 91 shall be used for vehicles seen to be parked in an area not designated for that class of vehicle. No observation period will be applied.
The use of local council off-street car parks is generally restricted to motor cars, motor cycles, invalid carriages and light goods vehicles.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Note – there are no exemptions for loading and unloading in off-street car parks. Blue Badge Holders are subject to the same restrictions within off-street car parks as other drivers, with the exception that they may park in marked disabled bays.
Vehicles may not park in an area not designated for that class of vehicle with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: