Contravention code 87 shall be used for all vehicles seen to be parked in a disabled persons’ parking space without clearly displaying a valid disabled person’s badge. No observation period will be applied.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes, provided they correctly display a valid Blue Badge, pay the appropriate charge and display a valid pay and display ticket
Exemptions to enforcement
Note – there are no exemptions for loading and unloading in off-street car parks. Blue Badge holders are subject to the same restrictions within off-street car parks as other drivers, with the exception that they may park in marked disabled bays.
Vehicles may not park in a disabled persons’ parking space without clearly displaying a valid disabled person’s badge with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: