Contravention code 86 shall be used for vehicles which are seen to be not parked wholly within the markings of the bay or space. No observation period will be applied.
For a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) to be issued, at least one full wheel of the vehicle must be outside the markings of the parking space or bay.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Note – there are no exemptions for loading and unloading in off-street car parks. Blue Badge holders are subject to the same restrictions within off-street car parks as other drivers, with the exception that they may park in marked disabled bays.
Vehicles must park wholly within the markings of the bay or space with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: