Pay and display car park
Contravention code 83 shall be used for vehicles seen to be parked in a pay and display car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket, or have a valid cashless parking event.
A five-minute observation period will be applied to allow customers adequate time to purchase a pay and display ticket.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No, Blue Badge holders must pay to use off-street pay and display car parks
Exemptions to enforcement
Note – there are no exemptions for loading and unloading in off-street car parks. Blue Badge holders are subject to the same restrictions within off-street car parks as other drivers, with the exception that they may park in marked disabled bays.
Vehicles may not park in a pay and display car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: