Pay and display car park
Contravention code 82 shall be used for vehicles seen to be parked after the expiry of time paid for in a pay and display car park.
A 10-minute grace period will be applied after the expiry time shown on the pay and display ticket. This means that the pay and display ticket must be expired by at least 10 minutes before a PCN can be issued.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No, Blue Badge holders must pay to use off-street pay and display car parks
Exemptions to enforcement
Note – there are no exemptions for loading and unloading in off-street car parks. Blue Badge holders are subject to the same restrictions within off-street car parks as other drivers, with the exception that they may park in marked disabled bays.
Vehicles may not park after the expiry of time paid for in a pay and display car park with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: