'No entry' sign
The police may also take action against vehicles which are seen failing to comply with a 'No entry' sign.
Who can use bus priority measures in Castle Street, Belfast?
There is specific legislation in place for the bus priority measures in Castle Street, Belfast from its junction with Fountain Street to its junction with Donegall Place.
- buses (with more than nine seats, including mini buses, coaches and so on)
The restriction in this section of Castle Street operates at all times.
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles may not enter the restricted section of Castle Street, with the following general exemptions:
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties (access permitted only to work within that section of Castle Street)
- road maintenance (access permitted only to work within that section of Castle Street)
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, Gas and so on) duties (access permitted only to work within that section of Castle Street)
- postal services (access permitted only to collect or deliver postal packages to properties within the restricted part of Castle Street)
- with police permission
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: