Contravention code 46C shall be used for any vehicle seen to be parked on a clearway during the hours of operation. No observation period will be applied.
Signs indicate the hours of operation of the clearways – these are generally in the morning and/ or evening peak hours.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on a clearway with the following exemptions:
- alighting – vehicles may stop on a clearway to allow passengers to board or alight from the vehicle, provided this does not take longer than two minutes
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: