Contravention code 25 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, and so on) seen to be parked in a loading bay during restricted hours without loading. A five-minute observation period will be applied.
Loading bays should be used only where goods, by reason of their size or weight, could not be reasonably conveyed to or from premises other than by means of a vehicle.
- is loading/unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park in loading bays during the restricted hours without loading/ unloading with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: