Contravention code 22 shall be used for vehicles seen to be re-parked in the same parking place within one hour (or other specified time) of leaving. No observation period will be applied after the no-return period has expired.
This contravention applies to both pay and display spaces and limited waiting spaces.
Where individual spaces are marked out, a vehicle may not return to the same specific space in which it was originally parked within the no-return period.
Where longer parking bays with no individually marked out spaces are provided (in other words, where two or more vehicles may park) a vehicle may not return to the same parking bay in which it was originally parked within the no-return period.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park in a pay and display bay without displaying a valid pay and display ticket with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below.