Contravention code 06. shall be used for goods vehicles (vans, lorries, agricultural vehicles, mini buses and so on) seen to be parked in a pay and display bay without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket, or have a valid cashless parking event.
A 10-minute observation period will be applied to allow customers adequate time to buy a pay and display ticket and/or to establish whether loading/ unloading is taking place.
This on-street contravention code applies only to Controlled Parking Zones (on-street pay and display areas). These are currently located only in Belfast, Lisburn and Newry.
- is loading/ unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes, Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park in a pay and display bay without displaying a valid pay and display ticket with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below.