Residents parking zone
Contravention code 05M shall be used for all vehicles seen to be parked in a pay and display bay in a residents parking zone after the expiry of the pay and display ticket or not having a valid cashless parking event.
A 10-minute grace period will be applied after the expiry time shown on the pay and display ticket.
This means that the pay and display ticket, or cashless parking event, must be expired by at least 10 minutes before a Penalty Charge Notice can be issued.
This on-street contravention code applies only to controlled parking zones (on-street pay and display areas) in residents parking zones. This is currently located only in Belfast.
- is loading/unloading permitted? Yes
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes
Exemptions to enforcement
- Blue Badge holders may park free of charge in on-street pay and display bays with no time limit if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- Emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading