Loading/ unloading restrictions
Contravention code 02 shall be used for any vehicles seen to be parked or loading/ unloading where a loading ban is in place. No observation period will be applied.
Single no-loading ticks must be accompanied by a time plate which indicates the hours during which the loading ban applies.
Double no-loading ticks apply “at any time” and do not require a time plate (although in some locations a time plate may be present).
- Is loading/ unloading permitted? No
- Are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: