Contravention code 01x shall be used for any vehicles seen to be parked on double yellow lines within 15 metres of a junction. No observation period will be applied.
Even in locations with no double yellow lines, vehicles are not permitted to park within 15metres of a junction. Traffic attendants cannot enforce at these locations, however, PSNI may choose to take action.
- is loading/unloading permitted? No
- are Blue Badge holders exempt? No
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on double yellow lines within 15metres of a junction with the following exemptions:
- council/ government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (Fire, Police, Ambulance, Customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, NI Water, BT, and so on)
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the following page: