Non goods vehicles
Contravention code 01 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, and so on) seen to be parked in contravention on double or single yellow lines.
A five-minute observation period will be applied to non-goods vehicles.
Single yellow lines
Single yellow lines must be accompanied by a time plate which indicates the hours during which the restriction applies.
A time plate is not required for single yellow lines within a controlled parking zone (on-street pay and display area).
Double yellow lines
Double yellow lines apply “at any time” and do not require a time plate.
- Is loading/unloading permitted? Yes
- Are Blue Badge holders exempt? Yes, for up to three hours
Exemptions to enforcement
Vehicles are not permitted to park on yellow lines during the prescribed hours with the following exemptions:
- Blue Badge - Blue Badge holders may park for up to three hours on double or single yellow lines if correctly displaying a valid Blue Badge
- council/government department in pursuance of statutory duties
- emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, customs)
- road maintenance
- statutory undertaking (NIE Networks, Water, BT, and so on)
- loading/ unloading
You can find out more about exemptions to enforcement on the page below: