Coarse permit prices
All Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) permits in the table below are only valid for the coarse season from January to December on the DAERA Public Angling Estate fisheries which includes coarse fisheries.
Coarse species of fish include pike, bream, roach, perch, carp, tench and rudd.
|Age/anglers with disabilities||Type of coarse permit||
Number of rods allowed
|Under 18 years||Juvenile coarse permit||Two rods at any one time||£2.00|
|18 to 59 years||Season coarse permit||Two rods at any one time||£28.50|
|Over 60s||Concessionary season coarse permit for aged 60 and over*||Two rods at any one time||£17.50|
|Anglers with a disability||Concessionary season coarse permit and permit for anglers with a disability*. (More below)||Two rods at any one time||£17.50|
*If you wish to use more than two rods then you must buy another coarse permit. Anglers are only allowed one concessionary season coarse permit in any calendar year.
Documents you need
To fish legally in Northern Ireland you need:
- a rod licence plus
- a permit or day ticket
A rod licence is for the fishing rod and the game or coarse fish you're allowed to catch. The permit/ day ticket gives the angler permission to fish in the chosen water. You cannot buy a permit/ day ticket without a rod licence.
- view the prices of coarse rod licence types from DAERA
- Angling rod licences explained
- Angling permits explained
- Fish these waters with a coarse rod licence
Short term and tourist permits
This permit is useful if you do not fish regularly or if you're a tourist. Follow the links for information about the number of rods you're allowed, prices and more:
- Short term and tourist angling permit types from DAERA
- Short term and tourist rod licence types from DAERA
Concessionary season coarse permit for anglers with a disability
This permit is for anglers who are getting one of the following allowances:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- War Disablement Pension
- Severe Disablement Allowance
Anglers are only allowed one concessionary permit. It is an offence to have more than one concessionary permit in any calendar year.
There will no longer be a two week application period as e-records will be created automatically and you will be given a receipt or receive an email confirmation immediately.
When a concessionary season coarse permit is bought for an angler with a disability, it must be declared that the information given is accurate.
DAERA Fishery Protection Officers do carry out licence checks so make sure all rod licences and permits are valid. If it is found that the information received is incorrect, DAERA will cancel the licence and offer the holder the opportunity to buy a non concessionary rod licence/ permit. No refund will be given. For more information visit 'Have proof to show you're fishing legally'.
The price of concessionary season coarse rod licence for anglers with a disability is at the link below:
Buy a coarse permit and rod licence
Anglers can buy a permit and rod licence online below or from a distributor (like tackle shops). Read the Conditions of Sale for fishing licences and permits before buying:
- Buy rod licences, permits and River Bush day tickets online to fish the 70 DAERA Public Angling Estate fisheries - here you can also buy a rod licence and permit together by choosing 'combined licence and permit'
- Angling licence and permit distributors
Everything you need to go fishing
- Where can I fish in Northern Ireland? Includes the 70 fisheries in the DAERA Public Angling Estate and private fisheries
- Angling - everything you need to go fishing
- Angling - includes latest news, fish stocking archive, contact details and more