Buy rod licences, permits and River Bush day tickets

You can buy your 'Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs' (DAERA) rod licence, permits and River Bush day tickets via the green link.

Before you start


You will need:

  • your name, address and date of birth
  • your National Insurance Number if you're applying for a disabled rod licence and permit
  • to read and understand the conditions of sale before you buy

To fish legally you will need both a rod licence and permit or day ticket. Use the green link below to buy these online. This includes concessionary disabled rod licences and permits. By choosing ‘Combined Licence and Permit’ you can buy your annual or short term rod licence and permit together.  

To fish on the River Bush, each person must have a current DAERA game rod licence and permit.  Use the green link below if you want to check availability of the River Bush. 

DAERA rod licence and permit prices.

All angling licences, permits and day tickets available on this website are only valid for use in fisheries that are in the green area shown on the map below.

You can find out how any personal information you send to DAERA Inland Fisheries when using this service will be handled by viewing their privacy notice. 








Buy licence, permit or day ticket

Additional information

If you have a ‘Loughs Agency' full season rod licence, you’ll need to buy a ‘DAERA endorsement’ to fish both Loughs Agency and DAERA fishing areas. The endorsement costs £1.00 at the above green link.  

Map showing DAERA and Loughs Agency fishing areas in Northern Ireland
Map showing DAERA and Loughs Agency fishing areas in Northern Ireland

But if you hold a ‘DAERA full season rod licence’ and wish to buy a ‘Loughs Agency endorsement’ to fish both DAERA and Loughs Agency fishing areas, you’ll need to go to Loughs Agency website. The endorsement costs £1.00.

Endorsements to fish both DAERA and Loughs Agency more details

Anglers will no longer get a paper rod licence, permit or day ticket.  Instead they will get an electronic record (e-record) with a unique reference number to confirm their payment.  This may be in the form of an email if you buy online or receipt if you buy from a distributor.

Customers can still buy their rod licence, permit or day tickets from a DAERA authorised distributor.  

If you have a query about your transaction, contact Inland Fisheries - DAERA. 

Everything you need to go fishing



Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.