Order a death certificate online
Death certificates are available from 1864 to present. You can order a death certificate online from the General Register Office Northern Ireland (GRONI). You will need a credit or debit card to use this service.
Before you start
You can order a death or a commemorative death certificate online. You will need a credit or debit card and the following information:
- full name of deceased
- date and place of death (district or street and town)
- the usual address of the deceased if different from place of death
For deaths within the last three years you must say whether the coroner was notified.
You can find out how any personal information you give to GRONI when using this service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice.
For the purposes of detection and prevention of crime, information about your application may be passed on to other government or law enforcement agencies.
Fees and postage
Find out more about ordering certificates, including others ways to order, fees and postage at the link below.
Death and bereavement
- Applying for probate
- Arranging a funeral
- Bereavement Service - reporting a death
- Coroners, post-mortems and inquests
- Documents and information needed when someone dies
- Financial help for the bereaved
- Making a will
- Order a death certificate online
- Organ donation
- Registering a death with the district registrar
- What to do if there is no will
- When someone dies abroad
- When someone dies at home
- When someone dies in hospital or a care home
- Who to tell about a death