Driving licence fees
|Licence type: first licence||Fee|
|Licence type: provisional to full||Fee|
|Car, motorcycle, moped||Free|
|Licence type: renewal||Fee|
|From age 70||Free|
|Medically restricted licence (one, two or three years)||Free|
|Expired car or motorcycle||£30.00|
|Optional renewal car (new 10 year period)||£30.00|
|Licence type: re-issue||Fee|
|Reissue after revocation||£80.00|
|Reissue after disqualification||£104.00|
|Reissue for High Risk Offenders**||£144.00|
** If you are disqualified for an alcohol-related offence and regarded as a High Risk Offender, Driver & Vehicle Agency (DVA) will make medical enquiries before your driving licence can be re-issued. The current cost of this medical assessment is £179.50. This is in addition to the £144.00 fee for your licence. Both fees must be paid by you at the time of your application.
|Licence type: duplicate||Fee|
|Replace lost or stolen licence||£30.00|
|Licence type: exchange||Fee|
|Full Great Britain licence||Free***|
|EEA or other foreign licence including Channel Island and Isle of Man||£62.50|
*** To exchange your licence for free you must produce a valid, complete driving licence. For example, if your current licence is a European-style photocard driving licence you must produce both photocard and counterpart, otherwise the cost is £30.
|Licence type: replacement||Fee|
|Remove expired endorsements||£30.00|
|Change of name and/or address - you must surrender both parts of your existing licence||Free|
|Licence type: Goods Vehicle and Passenger Carrying Vehicle||Fee|
|First provisional entitlement C||£20.00|
|First provisional entitlement D||£20.00|
|Upgrading after test pass||Free|
|Renewal of expired licence||£20.00|
|Confirmation in writing of entitlement to drive||Fee|
|Certificate of Entitlement||£7.50|
How to pay
You can now apply and pay online to renew a Group 1 car and/ or motorcycle driving licence and tractor licence, to replace a lost, stolen or destroyed licence and to notify the DVA of a change of address.
- Renew your driving licence online
- Replace your driving licence online
- Change address on your driving licence online
Do not send cash, bank notes or blank postal orders with your application; the DVA can't be held responsible if they go missing.
- make your cheques or postal orders payable to 'DVA’
- do not post-date your cheque, the DVA can't accept it
- remember to sign and date your cheque and make it payable for the correct amount ensuring that the amount written in words matches the amount written in figures
- on the back of your payment, write your full name, address, date of birth and/ or driver's number if known
- if you underpay, your application will be returned to you for the correct payment
- if you want to send your application form to one of the selected vehicle test centres the methods of payment accepted there are cash, cheque, postal order, debit cards and credit cards
Or, you can send your application form/ payment to:Driver & Vehicle Agency
Coleraine County Hall
Return of supporting documents
The driving licence fee includes return of your supporting documents (where applicable) by second class post. If you would like your supporting documents returned by secure delivery, please supply an appropriate pre-paid Royal Mail Special delivery envelope.
Note: DVA will not provide compensation for any loss or delay resulting from the use of second class post.
DVA cannot guarantee to return your documents by a specified date, for example, a holiday.